The AIA Pennsylvania Emerging Professionals Committee is establishing the AIA Pennsylvania Emerging Professionals Community (EPiC) to improve the network, role, and impact of Emerging Professionals throughout the Commonwealth.
Who We Are
AIA Pennsylvania “Emerging Professionals” are architecture students, Associate AIA members, and Architects licensed for 10 years or less.
To promote the professional development of Emerging Professionals in the Commonwealth through leadership, mentorship, and fellowship.
What We Do
Provide a platform and programming for members to have fun, while building relationships, developing leadership skills, and increasing emerging professionals’ involvement in the profession.
Why Get Involved
- Develop leadership skills
- Advocate for yourself and your profession
- Expand your network with peers and mentors from across Pennsylvania
- Discuss and define ways to resolve key issues affecting Emerging Professionals
How to Get Involved
AIA PA EPiC is also looking for three Emerging Professionals to take on the following Leadership Positions
- Attend AIA SpeakUp
- Act as a liaison between Government Affairs Committee.
- Stay up to date and provide insight into AIA PA Advocacy Issues.
- Review other states advocacy and civic leadership programs.
- Champion the AIA PA Political Action Committee.
- Promote Architects Action Day. Assist with the development of EP focused skill building webinar.
- Responsible for advocating for Architects in the Community & Emerging Professionals in the Workplace.
- Lead discussions regarding “Firm Fostering EP Recognition” and advance endeavor.
- Organize NAAB School Visits.
- Maintain school contacts, schedule date of visit & select best committee Members to attend.
- Update presentation as required.
- Act as a liaison between AIAS & Architecture Schools Committees.
- Support local components with PALM development.
- Update meeting topics as required.
AIA PA EPiC is also looking for Chapter Representatives from the following chapters
Chapter Representative Role and Responsibilities
- Participate in committee conference calls and an in-person meeting, usually 1x a year.
- Act as a liaison to EPiC from your local chapter’s Emerging Professionals community.
- Communicate key information concerning Emerging Professionals from EPiC back to your respective local chapter.
- Bring issues to the committee that are relevant to Pennsylvania Emerging Professionals.
- Work with the committee chair to develop an Emerging Professionals program or session for AIA Pennsylvania’s Annual Conference and assist the chairman in securing a sponsor for that session.
- Direct inquiries from Emerging Professionals concerning the IDP and the ARE to AIA Pennsylvania’s IDP Coordinator.
If you are interested in getting involved with AIA PA EPiC in a Leadership Position or as a Chapter Representative, we would like to hear from you!
Please contact EPiC Chair, Joe Adiutori, Jr., AIA with your interest or any questions by Wednesday, January 17th
We look forward to your interest!