This August, AIA Pennsylvania partnered with ABC Keystone to host a two-day seminar breaking down the newly adopted commercial, MEP, and residential code provisions that will take effect on October 1, 2018. An overview of Philadelphia’s 2018 IBC (International Building Code) changes were also covered during the first day of training. Members of the AIA Pennsylvania Building Codes Subcommittee, including three UCC Review and Advisory Council members, gave an extensive overview of Pennsylvania’s code changes to 90 seminar attendees.
- Energy Code Training
- An Overview of the Energy Code Changes in Pennsylvania
- Building Codes 101 & How to Support the UCC Review and Advisory Council (RAC)
- PA Residential Code Update Overview courtesy of the Pennsylvania Housing Research Center
SAVE THE DATE for a traveling codes training seminar on September 27th and 28th in Pittsburgh.
KEY BUILDING CODE COMPLIANCE DATES
OCTOBER 1, 2018
- The 2015 International Codes, with amendments as determined by the UCC Review and Advisory Council become effective throughout Pennsylvania on October 1, 2018.
- The 2018 International Codes become effective in Philadelphia on October 1, 2018 for all construction except that which is regulated under the IRC. Philadelphia will be operating under 2015 IRC as amended by the RAC.
April 1, 2019
- Along with the new codes, Act 36 revised the process for applying the previous code to design and construction contracts for permit applications, and limited this period to six (6) months. Beginning Monday, April 1, 2019, all permit applications submitted for new buildings or renovations to existing buildings must be reviewed under the new codes.