AIA PA Emerging Professionals at 2020 AIA Grassroots Conference | Pre-Pandemic (Left to Right: Jared Bilsak, AIA; Rachel Haynes, Assoc. AIA; Megan Henry, Assoc. AIA | Jan 2020 – Dec 2021 PA RAD; Elysia Mikkelsen, AIA | Past EPiC Chair; Kyle Solyak, AIA)
AIA Pennsylvania is now accepting applications for the National Associates Committee 2022 – 2023 State Associate Representative (STAR) formerly Regional Associate Director (RAD).
The State Associate Representative (STAR) is an excellent opportunity to take on the issues recent graduates and young professionals face as they navigate the next steps in their careers. This leadership role will enable the right candidate to be an active participant in changing and shaping the profession’s future and grow their network with the AIA National Associates Committee (NAC), Young Architects Forum (YAF) – Center for Emerging Professionals, and AIA regionally and nationally.
- Associate AIA Member in good standing
- (2) years
- (1) Joint Committee meeting with the National Associates Committee
- Monthly full-committee conference calls
- Monthly conference calls with focus group
- Yearly deliverables vary with workgroup selection, generally consisting of research for and assembly of internal documents, public articles, position statements, etc.
- Attend monthly AIA Pennsylvania EPiC conference calls (1 hour during lunch)
- Attend AIA Pennsylvania board meetings (5 a year)
- Attend Grassroots and Architects Action Day
- Possibly attend AIA Large States Conference (to be decided by EPiC, between YARD and SAD)
Letter of Intent – From Applicant. Indicate understanding of the position, qualifications/experience, and reasons for seeking election. Limit one-page.
Resume – Indicate education, employment history, organizations, activities, honors, and awards. Limit two pages.
Recommendation letter – Indicate Nominee’s qualifications for the RAD position. Limit one-page.
Application Deadline & Contact
Tuesday – March 15, 2022
Contact Parva Markiw, AIA Pennsylvania Emerging Professionals Committee (EPiC) Chair with your application or interest at email@example.com.
Contact Parva and/or Pennsylvania’s former Regional Associate Director (RAD)/State Associate Representative (STAR) – Megan Henry, Associate AIA, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The AIA PA Emerging Professional and Development Leadership Committee will review and approve the final candidate to make a selection.