What Do Architects Do?
Architects play a vital role in the everyday lives of society. Their unique perspective and approach to their work should inspire us all.
Here’s how an architect can help you:
- Architects see the big picture.
- Architects are specially educated to help you define what you want to build, present options you might never have considered, and help you get the most for your valuable investment. They don’t just design four walls and a roof — they create total environments, both interiors and exteriors, that are functional and exciting places in which to work and live.
- Architects solve problems creatively. Architects are trained problem solvers. Need more room for your growing family? Architects can show you how to enlarge your home so you won’t have to move. Have a limited budget? Architects can propose ways to get more for your investment than you imagined possible.
- Architects help you get the most from your construction dollar.
- Architects can reduce building costs, decrease your home’s energy needs, and increase its future resale value through good design.
- Architects make your life easier.
Building is a long process that is often messy and disruptive, particularly if you’re living in the space while it’s under construction. Your architect represents you, not the contractors. Your architect looks out for your interests and smoothes the process, helps find qualified construction contractors, and visits the worksite to help protect you against work that’s not according to plan.
Speak with an architect who is a member of The American Institute of Architects (AIA) at the earliest stage of the design process.