Who are the Leaders of EPiC?
State Associate Director (SAD)/EPiC Director
- TERM: Max two (2) consecutive two year terms
- APPOINTED: BY AIA Pennsylvania Nominating Committee
- PROCESS: Former/retiring SAD spearheads search for incoming SAD; presents candidates to board to vote on
- ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES: 2016 SAD Call for Volunteers
According to 2018 AIA Pennsylvania Bylaws:
- 184.108.40.206 Associate Member Director. The Associate Member Director shall be elected by the Board of Directors from the eligible Associate members in good standing. The Associate Member Director may not serve more than two (2) consecutive two -year terms. Should the Associate Member Director resign or, in the opinion of the Board, be unable to continue as a member of the Board, the Board will appoint an Associate Member to fill the vacancy. The Associate Member Director shall be a voting member of the Board of Directors.
- 220.127.116.11.1 Advancement of the Associate Director. In the event that the Associate Member Director becomes eligible for Architect membership, that individual may continue to serve as Associate Member Director for the remainder of that year, but shall not fulfill any remaining years of the term, nor be eligible for re-election to that position.
- 18.104.22.168.2 Alternate Associate Director. The Board may designate an alternate to fulfill the duties of the associate director in the absence of the associate director.
Reg Associate Director (RAD)
- TERM Two year term
- APPOINTED BY AIA National Associates Committee
- ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES 2017-2018 Pennsylvania RAD Call for Volunteers
- PROCESS Former/retiring RAD spearheads search for incoming SAD; presents candidates to board to vote on
Young Architect Regional Director (YARD)
- TERM Two year term
- APPOINTED BY AIA National Young Architects Forum (YAF)
- ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES YAF Handbook
According to 2013 AIA Pennsylvania Board Policies:
- The YAF Pennsylvania Regional Liaison (appointed by AIA National) will serve as the chairman of the committee for the duration of their term on AIA National Young Architects Forum Committee. The chairman will be invited to attend meetings of the AIA Pennsylvania Board of Directors, but will have no vote, unless they are the elected board representatives from their chapter.
Architect Licensing Advisor (ALA)
- TERM Indefinite
- APPOINTED BY AIA Pennsylvania Nominating Committee; confirmed by NCARB
- ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES NCARB Outline of ALA