- This event has passed.
2nd-on-2nd Small Firm Forum | Streamlining Project Workflows: Processes for Producing Construction Documents
October 12, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Streamlining Project Workflows: Processes for Producing Construction Documents
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 12 @ 12 PM
Construction documents, an architect’s most critical set of deliverables, are the key to translating the vision of a building into reality. Of all project phases, the time and resources poured into the construction documents can make or break a project’s course.
The AIA Pennsylvania Small Firm Exchange (SFxPA) invites small firm leaders and aspiring firm leaders to a discussion on how small firms can and are leveraging their resources and rethinking their processes to more efficiently produce comprehensive, clear construction documents
October’s Forum will look to participants to share their experiences around the following as related to Construction Document production:
Business Strategy & Evaluation
- What are the key business factors to consider when rethinking/developing processes or adopting new technology/tools to invest in developing a more streamlined construction document production approach?
- How do small firms begin to evaluate the ROI or trade-offs of business-as-usual vs. new investments (training/onboarding, technology/tools, scalability)?
- What investments (tools/technology) in your CD production have been worthwhile and why?
Implementation & Workflow
- What are the most important rules/standards/sequencing you have adopted that have improved the quality and/or efficiency of your CD production?
- What approaches/workflows have or have not worked for your practice with consideration of onboarding/training/employee buy-in?
- What works and what solutions are you still seeking that would be game-changing?
We are seeking to place a minimum of three small firm leaders on the forum agenda to share their anecdotes and lessons learned on the topic outlined above. Please check in with Olivia (email@example.com or 717.265.3443) no later than Monday, October 11 if you have any insight/experiences to share on the topic or elect to share at registration. Have a recommendation for someone in your professional network that has been a resource on the topic – let us know!
The AIA Pennsylvania Small Firm Exchange (SFxPA) invites small firm leaders and aspiring small firm leaders to share your experiences and pose questions on a pre-determined topic every 2nd Tuesday of every other month at 12 noon for the 2nd-on-2nd Small Firm Forum.
The format is a roundtable discussion with all registrants invited and encouraged to participate. Each forum, a different member will open the discussion with a brief introduction to a predetermined topic. Interested members are asked to volunteer to introduce the topic in registration sign-up.
SFxPA Chair and forum moderator, Lee Calisti, AIA, of lee CALISTI architecture+design, will then open up the discussion to attendees** on a predetermined topic. All attendees are asked to come prepared to share their experiences or pose questions to the group relating back to the topic and prompts/agendas.
**Groups of 10 will be formed to facilitate discussion and greater knowledge sharing.
December 14 @ 12 PM Maximizing vs Minimizing: Small Firm Positioning and Marketing
If you are interested in shaping the agendas for any of the forums listed or future forums, please reach out to SFxPA Co-Chair, Olivia Perry at firstname.lastname@example.org to be invited to the next SFxPA Steering Committee meeting.