Adding Value for Clients Through CPACE | Conversations for the Architect
September 13 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Date: Tuesday, September 13, 2022
Commercial Property Assessed Clean Energy (C-PACE) is an innovative financial tool for property owners to obtain low-cost, long-term financing for energy efficiency, renewable energy, and water conservation projects that ultimately improve the welfare of Pennsylvania’s building occupants. Architects are in a unique position to encourage their clients to adopt energy efficient design practices thanks to this available funding. This session will give attendees the talking points and case study evidence they need to have that financing conversation with their client at the earliest opportunity.
Join the conversation about new C-PACE Expansion, new guidelines, how to get counties to update guidelines and much more.
- Attendees will be familiarized with the counties where the C-PACE program has been adopted and how attendees can assist with the expansion to other counties.
- Attendees will be familiarized with the new CPACE expansion to other project types such as multi-family housing, and include indoor air quality and building based resiliency improvements.
- Speakers will review what project types and sustainability measures can apply for C-PACE funding, and the timing of the application using specific project examples that vary in size, cost, type, and geographic location..
- Attendees will be able to list the key talking points and case study evidence in order to have early financing conversations with their clients.
COST: No Charge
This course has been approved for one AIA LU HSW
Meet the Speakers
- Lisa Shulock – Philadelphia Energy
- Jeaneen Zappa – KEEA
- Brian Smiley, AIA – Senior Project Architect at HOK and AIA Pennsylvania Committee on the Environment (COTE) Chair
- Kelly Saunders – Sustainable Energy Fund