- This event has passed.
October 16, 2019 - October 19, 2019
As Architects and AEC professionals, you “break ground” every day envisioning the spaces where we live, work, learn, heal, and play. This collaboration between AIA New Jersey, AIA New York State, and AIA Pennsylvania supports this foundation. Breaking Ground! was created to share ideas and technologies that are redefining our profession and industry.
This two-day conference features:
- Dozens of continuing education seminars
- 22+ LUs/HSW*
- Full Day Expo
- Local tours
- Networking events with the most impressive architects in our area
- A Regional Design Awards Competition and Celebration
- More than 13,000 architects from the Tri-State area
Learn more & register >
Listed below is a sampling of the dozens of continuing education seminars with dedicated tracks for practice, innovation, design, and emerging professionals.
Burgeoning Archi-preneur? Looking for a blueprint to start your own firm? Breaking Ground! features 2 dedicated sessions covering legal, logistic, and operational procedures necessary to structure the foundation of your dream practice.
Insight to Advance Your Career
- Designing Your Future: Creating Value in Your Career
- Archetypes: Leadership by Design
- How the Profession is Evolving: Universal Signals for Breaking New Ground
Insight to Run Your Business Better
- Forensic Architecture and the Architect’s Standard of Care
- Tech-Enabled Client Collaboration in 360 Degrees: A New Process
- Operation Vandelay Industries: An Investigation & Prosecution – What Now?
- Cost Control for Architects: Leading the Process
- Using Drone Technology for More Accurate, Cost-Effective Repair Planning
- Life Safety and Emerging Technology Considerations for Today’s Architect
Insight to Build & Inspire Your Team
- Equity in Practice: Creating Diverse, Inclusive & Equitable Workplaces
- Creating a Positive and Influential Office Environment
- Effective Collaboration in Decentralized Teams
- Integrated Mentorship: A Pillar of Successful, Sustainable Practice
- Why Should I Choose YOU?
- Practice of Architecture: How to Create a Culture of Success and Succession
Insight to Build & Design for Better
- Postmortem: Are Rating Systems Really Working?
- Impact on Climate Change: It’s Assemblies, Not Materials
- The Modern Modular
- Aging in Place & Senior Shared Housing: Preserving Dignity Through Design
- Innovative Solutions for Universal Design
- The Tiny House: Solutions for Workforce and Affordable Housing and Beyond
- Stepping Thru: Accessible Environments as We Age