- This event has passed.
CE Academy Web Series: Masonry Solutions for BIM
July 21 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Investigate how masonry codes, best practices and modeling software interact during the design process to ensure a high-performing masonry building. The IECC’s C402.1.4 U-Factor method of performance calculation and TMS 402 Standard on masonry movement joints – two major challenges in masonry design – will be specifically highlighted.
- Describe a number of complex masonry wall assemblies that BIM modeling tools can help simplify, including single- and double-wythe walls, reinforced masonry, cavity walls and insulated masonry.
- Identify the structural, insulative and mechanical performance of masonry products, including concrete masonry units (CMUs) and structural clay brick.
- Analyze how new masonry modeling tools have solved previous shortcomings, including how BIM technology can simplify the challenge and expand the possibilities of designing with masonry.
- Apply techniques for modeling masonry walls to reduce cost and improve installation quality by reducing waste, limiting material cuts, clarifying reinforcement locations and eliminating clash during the design process instead of in the field.
1 AIA HSW/LU CE Hour(s)
About the Series
In an effort to provide you with opportunities to satisfy your continuing education requirements, and possibly a welcomed distraction from the current climate, we’re changing directions a bit. CE Academy invites you to join us the week of July 20th as we host a series of complimentary webinars for you. We’ll report attendance for credit to AIA, as well as issue certificates of completion upon conclusion of the webinar series to assist with self-reporting.
As the top National Education Provider for AIA and the USGBC, we’re ramping up our online courses and webinar offerings at RonBlank.com and
About the Presenter
As North America’s leading manufacturer of concrete building and hardscape products, Oldcastle APG covers a wide spectrum of applications – from the structural masonry, used in erecting cityscapes and urban centers, to the finishing touches of a backyard oasis.
Pavers, patio slabs, stone veneer, retaining walls, architectural block, composite decking, dry mix concrete, fertilizers and mulches are but a few categories where Oldcastle APG leads the marketplace. Our customers are serviced through a network of 170 manufacturing facilities.
For more than 30 years, our brands have set the standard for design, technical acumen and thought leadership in their related categories – helping consumers, design and landscape professionals craft their vision from concept to installation.