- This event has passed.
Designing Your Future: International Architect’s Route to Licensure in the United States
September 15 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Did you study architecture in another country, or are you licensed to practice architecture outside the U.S.? Join AIA Pittsburgh (YAF), AIA Pennsylvania, and NCARB Assistant Vice President of Experience + Education Jeremy Fretts, AIA, NCARB, M.A. Ed., for an in-depth presentation that will cover the process of obtaining a license to practice architecture in Pennsylvania. Jeremy will also address the following:
- Background of NCARB
- The entities involved in the licensure process
- How to establish an NCARB Record
- How to progress successfully through the Architectural Experience Program® (AXP®)
- What to expect on the Architect Registration Examination® (ARE®)
- Recent changes to NCARB programs
- The value of the NCARB Certificate
At the conclusion of his presentation, Jeremy will open the floor up for a dedicated Q&A session. He will be joined by foreign architects now practicing and residing in Pennsylvania with first-hand experience navigating the licensure process.