- This event has passed.
Negotiation Essentials Prepare to Negotiate
March 28 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Tuesday, March 28, 2023
9:00am – 1:00pm
Sharpen Your Negotiation Skills with Award-Winning Trainer Joe Larkin.
Every negotiation has its own unique set of challenges. Successful negotiations are based on a solid strategic foundation and a proven tactical process. This simple but hard-hitting format, used in today’s business world, is a learnable skill critical to success in any business.
In this four-hour online interactive workshop, you will learn how to achieve better outcomes by understanding basic negotiation theory and learning negotiation strategies used in uncertain environments with difficult people and succeeding at managing conflict during the negotiation process.
You will examine ways to structure the bargaining process, uncover how to identify both your and your counterpart’s interests, and learn to recognize the most common manipulative tactics used by difficult people.
You will learn to:
- Negotiate using a proven scientific approach applying strategies and tactics.
- Set goals and objectives before you get to the bargaining table.
- Understand and avoid the zero-sum game of negotiations.
- Develop and evaluate your Zone of Possible Agreement (ZOPA) throughout the negotiations.
- Develop strategies for a successful negotiation.
- Understand your best alternative to a negotiated agreement (BATNA) to gain a better understanding of your options.
- Uncover your counterpart’s best alternative to develop a successful outcome.
- Convert positions into a negotiated transaction with ease.
- Determine when and how to use distributed and integrative negotiation styles.
- Use a mind-mapping process to uncover stakeholders.
- Recognize the most common manipulative negotiating tactics used by difficult people and ways to neutralize their efforts
AIA Member Rate – $110.00
Non – Member Rate – $ 135.00