- This event has passed.
Road to Greenbuild
September 15 @ 1:00 pm - 9:00 pm
The world’s largest green building conference & expo is headed to Boston, MA this November. To build momentum for that event and provide a beautiful, destination venue in which green building professionals in the Mid-Atlantic region can learn & network, USGBC Central PA and USGBC New York Upstate are hosting a regional Road to Greenbuild event at Skytop Lodge in the Poconos on Friday, September 15th from 1-9pm.
Highlights of the event include:
- 5.5 hours of GBCI continuing education (AIA credits pending)
- Presentation on the new Arc platform, which measures performance in energy, water, waste, transportation, & human experience for buildings, communities, and cities
- Education session on Ramboland, an inspirational project seeking to make green buildings accessible to all
- Presentation on “Green Building Rating System Synergies” by Jason Wirick, Director of Facilities for one of the greenest buildings in the world, the Center for Sustainable Landscapes at Phipps Conservatory
- Dinner, followed by an evening keynote titled “The Genius & Courage of a Dream” by George Bandy, Jr., Vice President of Sustainability for Mohawk Group
- Two hours of dedicated networking
- Tour of Northampton Community College’s Monroe Campus, a U.S. Department of Education Postsecondary Sustainability Awardee and LEED Gold campus, on Saturday, September 16th (for those attendees who choose to stayover at Skytop Lodge or are local to the area)