- This event has passed.
Sorting Through the Confusion: The Impact of Income & Franchise Tax
September 20, 2017 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Join Jason Sneeringer, CPA, Tax Manager as he takes a deeper dive into one of the more complex areas of State and Local Tax (SALT), income and franchise.
For many companies, the focus of their tax mitigation efforts fall within the federal bucket, but it is the states that are becoming increasingly aggressive not only in their taxing methods but enforcement as well. Companies are increasingly running into inconsistent apportionment formulas, nexus standards, and filing requirements all with the intent of increasing tax revenue from operating across state lines. This webinar will help you gain a better understanding of multi-state taxation and compliance, explore tax trends and highlight steps you can take to lessen the impact on your business.
In this webinar, we will review:
- Nexus rules and their impact on your company
- Nexus examples including (physical presence, economic-based, factor based, affiliate, etc.)
- The repercussions of not filing in a state where you have nexus
- Tax trends that may impact state reporting
- State apportionment practices