- This event has passed.
Those Darn Technology Rooms
February 1 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
February 1, 2023
12:00pm – 1:00pm
Course Approved for 1 AIA LU
Technology in the built environment continues to evolve and has become an essential part of today’s buildings. Because of this, it’s important to avoid treating the rooms as an afterthought during planning. Rather than squeezing in rooms wherever they’ll fit, purposefully planning Technology Rooms is necessary to support building technology requirements both now and into the future. What’s in these rooms, why are there so many, and why are they so large? We’ll discuss best practices for the planning of Technology Rooms and identify strategies used to determine how and where they integrate into the architectural design.
1. Develop a general understanding of what technology resides in Technology Rooms.
2. Review methodologies used to determine distribution of Technology Rooms.
3. Establish best practices for determining the size requirements for Technology Rooms.
4. Review general architectural considerations and best practices for room construction.
5. Review general guidelines for mechanical and electrical support of Technology Rooms.
This program has been approved for 1 AIA LU