- This event has passed.
Your Workforce Transition Following COVID-19: A Legal Briefing for Architects
May 11 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm$10 – $20
Employer’s have navigated countless adjustments in the workplace over the last year. A lot has changed since March 2020 and the COVID-19 pandemic has brought new questions and considerations to the table, especially as employees return to the office. Join us on May 11th with preferred partner, Offit Kurman, as they review what employers need to know in this new normal.
AIA Members: $10 (use code pamember2021)
- Understanding the legality of vaccine mandates and incentives
- Current COVID-19 return to work guidance, policy creation and joint employer potential
- Learning current state of federal COVID-19 sick leave and interplay with state and local laws
- Reviewing classification of employees in light of organizational changes
This course has been approved for 1 AIA LU
Meet the Speakers
Katharine Batista, Esquire
Ms. Batista is a labor & employment attorney who provides businesses with risk mitigation strategies and effective representation in litigation. Specifically, Ms. Batista successfully defends businesses against employment claims, including discrimination, harassment and retaliation, wrongful termination, wage and hour violations and breach of contract. Ms. Batista also provides workforce counseling and compliance guidance to clients, drafts and revises agreements, policies and handbooks, and conducts trainings and internal investigations. Employers need to feel secure in how they manage their employees so they can focus on their business. Ms. Batista affords her clients that security.
Ms. Batista focuses her practice on the following areas:
- Hospitality industry: Ms. Batista represents numerous hotels, social clubs, restaurants and hospitality organizations in the greater Philadelphia area (view hospitality industry presentation here);
- Automotive industry: Ms. Batista represents car dealerships, specializing in new and used vehicles, along the East Coast; and
- Financial institutions, architecture and engineering, and health care providers
Ms. Batista is an active allied member in the Greater Philadelphia Hotel Association, and serves in the Pennsylvania Bar Association House of Delegates. In addition, Ms. Batista was selected by SuperLawyers to the Pennsylvania Rising Stars list from 2017-2019.