- STV currently has an opening in our Douglassville, PA OR Philadelphia, PA office for an Architect in our Buildings and Facilities division.
- Key responsibilities will include working with an architectural/engineering team in preparing documents for various building type projects in the Research/Lab, Higher Education, Federal, and DOD sector. The ideal candidate will perform detailed Architectural design work for projects collaboration with various disciplines and consultants. Prepares Architectural plans, and/or supervises their execution. Performs analysis of design and construction systems, planning studies, design layouts and construction details. Oversees research used in writing specifications, including coordinating with manufacturers. Conducts site and construction inspections for information-gathering purposes, preparing interpretive reports. Executes code analysis, material selections, and technical solutions. Analyzes design and construction systems, design layouts and construction features, which require researching, compiling and recording information for assigned project work. Coordinates with other disciplines. Plan, schedule, coordinate, manage and oversee the work of lower-level architects who assist with particular projects.
The ideal candidate must have a Professional Degree in Architecture and 5-10 years of experience as a project architect and Registered in the State of Pennsylvania. Proficiency with BIM Revit, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office Suite are required. Experience in Rhino, 3-D Max, Sketch-up and Adobe suite is a plus and LEED Accreditation is also a plus.
Excellent design, technical detailing and strong presentation skills, both verbal and visual, are essential. The candidate should be a self-starter with a passion for problem solving, an understanding that project success comes through teamwork, and a firm focus on client needs.
Qualified candidates need to provide work samples or a portfolio as part of their overall application.
Essential Duties Include:
- Determine collectively with project management, the technical approach and design criteria for projects.
- Lead and coach junior architectural staff
- Perform independent investigations, studies, and architectural analysis.
- Develop design details, plans and specifications.
- Serve as quality control reviewer.
- Use computer software as a design tool for solving complex architectural problems.
- Contribute new designs, or techniques which are of material significance in the solution of important problems.
- Remain current in codes and technologies appropriate to the architecture discipline including IBC, NFPA, etc.
- Ensure conformance with standards, established architectural practices, applicable codes, and technical adequacy of design and construction.
- Review shop drawings and Requests for Information (RFIs)
Note: Should the successful candidate be located in Philadelphia, they will need to commit to spending a few weeks in Douglassville for training.
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://stvinc-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&id=23&jobid=3285&company_id=16872&version=1&source=ONLINE&JobOwner=992538&level=levelid1&levelid1=36307&startflag=2 →