KieranTimberlake is currently seeking a Business Development Specialist to join our team. Our design practice includes over 85 professionals with diverse backgrounds and is recognized worldwide as a sustainable design leader. We are a signatory of the American Institute of Architects 2030 Commitment and US Architects Declare.
Working closely with the firm’s Partners and Communications Group, the Business Development Specialist will maintain and grow a project opportunity pipeline for architecture and research projects and support the proposal process.
Candidates should have recent, relevant experience in marketing, client relationship management, and acquisitions for architectural firms. Previous experience working on business proposals and qualifications for architecture, engineering, or related fields is essential. Strong time management, organizational, and interpersonal skills are critical to this role.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Researching new business prospects, tracking leads, and evaluating requests for proposals (RFPs) for Partner review
- Identifying target markets and clients in alignment with the firm’s strategic plan
- Coordinating the go/no-go decision-making process and providing overviews of each opportunity
- Helping cultivate relationships with potential clients
- Developing and maintaining contacts with architectural, engineering, and construction consultants
- Tracking and reporting business development activity and performance trends
- Preparing collateral material for meetings and interviews
- Aligning colleagues’ ongoing publicity and proposal efforts with proactive networking opportunities
- Supporting project proposals and interviews when needed
Candidates must have excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills, experience working with graphic templates, and a keen eye for architectural graphics and photography. Other qualifications include:
- Minimum of five to eight years of relevant architecture, engineering, construction (AEC) business development and client relationship management experience
- Experience in targeting and cultivating leads for professional services
- Skilled at planning, executing, delegating, and tracking tasks to meet a deadline
- Capacity to think openly and iteratively in a fast-paced creative environment
- Working knowledge of architecture, art, and design
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
Interested applicants must submit the following via our website by clicking here:
- A cover letter indicating your interest in the position
- A current resume including references
- Three writing samples
Due to the volume of interested applicants, we are not able to respond to inquiries.
The position reports to the Business Strategy and Communications Director. Salary is commensurate with professional experience, education level, and demonstrated knowledge. A full benefits package including medical, prescription, dental, vision, and life will be offered.
KieranTimberlake transforms the built and natural environments through artistry, integrity, innovation, and performance. The firm’s culture of inquiry allows it to deliver exceptional social, ethical, and environmental outcomes to its
Founded in 1984, KieranTimberlake brings together the experience and talents of diverse professionals in a practice that is recognized worldwide. With equal emphasis on research, ecology, history, and aesthetics, its interdisciplinary process inspires creativity and encourages sharing ideas, knowledge, and technique. The firm’s work includes programming, planning, and design of new buildings, adaptive reuse, and urban and campus planning, as well as developing performance analysis and prediction tools; building and environmental monitoring; and novel building technologies.
KieranTimberlake is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit jobapply.page.link.