Website O'Brien & Keane
O’Brien & Keane is currently seeking architectural designers who are on a career path toward licensure.
Candidates are expected to:
- Hold a professional degree in architecture (either Bachelors of Architecture or Masters of Architecture). Newly graduated or with 1-2 years of experience preferred.
- Have an understanding of and ability to employ drafting philosophy & technique.
- Be fast, proficient, and highly accurate at two-dimensional drafting in AutoCAD.
- Be proficient in illustrative software, such as the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Be knowledgeable in 3D modeling, such as Revit and SketchUp
- Believe that architecture has the power to inspire people and bring out a positive response.
- Be driven to come up with new ideas, and enjoy conceiving of different options for solving the same problem.
- Be self-critical, looking for flaws in the design that must be addressed.
- Enjoy working with others, communicating freely, and being part of a team.
- Exhibit professionalism from punctuality to reliability to attitude.
- Engage actively in projects from inception to completion, and make a difference in the outcome.
- Form relationships and share experiences with colleagues, clients, contractors, consultants, and artisans.
- See the results of your effort in built form and be part of something bigger.
- Grow professionally as you experience all phases of a project from concept design to construction administration.
WHO WE ARE
O’Brien & Keane offers a high level of architectural services to a broad spectrum of clients, on a wide range of building types. The firm has enjoyed particular success in the design of buildings dedicated to sacred worship as well as education. We have a special interest in architecture that is rooted in history and classically inspired. We were founded in 1993 and are headquartered in the Clarendon district of Arlington, Virginia.
Although we are combined as one team, we are many parts with diverse skills and complimentary qualities. We offer:
- A salary commensurate with one’s qualifications and experience.
- A close knit & personable work environment with a pleasant atmosphere and comfortable workstations.
- Flexibility to work virtually, with expectation that one or two days per week will likely be spent working or meeting in-person at our Arlington, Virginia office or at the Easton, Maryland studio.
- Health insurance and retirement savings plans with significant employer contributions.
For consideration: send resume, work samples, portfolio, and cover letter to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org