Website Michael Baker International
WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world’s infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 6,000 employees in 90 offices worldwide, we provide a full continuum of life-cycle engineering consulting, specialized global construction, base operations, Green Infrastructure, security management and intelligence solutions.
RAILROAD & TRANSIT PRACTICE
Whether moving people or freight, solutions applied to address current and future transport needs will be framed by energy prices, the choices made by today’s younger generation to forego auto ownership and live in urban areas, and growing sustainability and environmental concerns. Michael Baker International’s approach to helping rail and transit clients meet these challenges is changing as well, with the focus on developing more viable solutions for planning, designing, constructing, operating, financing and sustaining a modern mobility infrastructure that leverage the ever-evolving world of technology. Michael Baker International’s professionals provide value by first understanding our clients’ needs, then working with them as partners to identify innovative and cost-effective solutions that optimize their opportunities for success. Consistently ranked by Engineering News-Record as a Top 25 rail & transit design firm, Michael Baker International has the expertise to deliver modern infrastructure systems with a budget conscious approach.
Michael Baker International has grown as an engineering provider of Rail and Transit services throughout the Philadelphia Region and the country. As we have grown, the need for quality Project Architects has grown as well. A Project Architect will help to organize, oversee, and administer design development and design packages with assigned clients. Our clients require fulltime on-site design oversight, monitoring, and support. The Project Architect will be responsible to the client for quality and coordination with the designer or record and various client department leads.
Michael Baker International is typically assigned to a project by a client. The Project Architect works under the client’s Project Manager to develop design packages, bid documents, and cost estimates. Under limited supervision, the typical day involves researching, planning, designing, and administering building projects for clients, with duties that include:
- Meet with client department leads, operational personnel and other project team members to develop design requirements, staging plans, phasing plans, and other aspects of the design. This includes functional and spatial requirements of new structure or renovation as well as preparing information regarding design, specifications, materials, color, equipment estimated costs, and construction time.
- Meet with the designer of record to review design packages, ensure quality, and coordinate operational demands
- Review drawings, specifications, and code compliance submissions made by the designer of record
- Conduct and/or attend project progress meetings; prepare and distribute project meeting minutes
- Look for solutions to potential issues related to actual conditions in the field versus design documents
- Collect and review as-built drawings; forward these to the designer or record
- Review costs and pricing with client’s cost estimating group
- Coordinate drawing and specifications submission reviews with client department leads
- Perform site visits to project site to review conditions for accurate designs and drawings
- Review designer or record invoices
- Work with client’s project manager and procurement department to set up bid packages
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or Engineering
- 4-7 years of related experience in preparation of designs and/or administration of design documents and specifications with particular emphasis on vertical construction, facilities, stations, or buildings. Rail and Transit experience is preferred.
- Registered Architect or AIA
- Ability to reach plans and specifications
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent English language skills, written and verbal, are essential to success in this role
- Ability to get quickly up to speed on our client’s project management policies and procedures
- Proficient with Microsoft office
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://mbakerintl.taleo.net/careersection/mb_external/jobdetail.ftl →