We build genuine human connections
Ever wonder who designed that cool new tiger shark tank at your local aquarium? The amazing interactive gallery at the Smithsonian? Or the innovative children’s museum that’s getting all the press? That’s what we do. Roto is an accomplished interdisciplinary design and fabrication studio specializing in exhibitions and attractions for museums, aquariums, zoos, brand, and entertainment destinations. And as a design-build company we are in the unique position of both inventing and realizing our vision.
Check out the full breadth of our work at roto.com.
The Project Architect’s role includes responsibility for creative development, design execution, and project coordination through all phases of the design process. The role is focused on the design, integration, and coordination of exhibits and other scenic and display elements with the architectural spaces in which they live. If you prize conceptualizing and designing visitor driven public environments this may be the role for you. This position is based in Dublin, Ohio (a suburb of Columbus).
Essential Functions and Qualifications:
• Contribute to all stages of project development and design. Project work, responsibilities, and contributions extend from concept through installation supervision and are completed in collaboration with other in-house architects, designers, project managers, writers, developers, engineers, and fabricators as well as an array of external consultants, contractors, and venders. Experience in schematic, detail design / design development, and CD phases is required. Experience in concept and CA phases is a strong plus.
• Create program documents, conceptual diagrams, space usage plans, detailed floor plans, elevations, 3D models, visualizations, cost estimates, and other technical and design documentation as a means of developing and defining exhibits and other display elements within larger architectural envelopes.
• Collaborate with other Studios within Roto, project architects, subconsultants, and contractors to coordinate technical, engineering, MEPIT, and other requirements and synthesize into clear, concise, designs and documentation.
• Interface with Roto clients, lead client focused design discussions, and develop a genuine understanding of the client’s needs and objectives.
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Architecture is preferred but we also welcome candidates who have equivalent work experience in the architectural field and a proven record of successfully designed projects. Architectural registration is not required, but desirable. Additional accreditation in project management, contract administration, specifications, interior design, sustainability, or other specific skills applicable to Roto’s work are a plus.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in similar capacity.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp, and Microsoft Office is required. Facility with
Adobe creative suite is a plus.
• Experience with museums, zoos, aquariums, themed attractions, or other public use type projects is a plus. Prior experience in aquarium design is of special interest.
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, life/AD&D, short term and long-term disability, 401k with company match, paid time off, paid holidays, parental leave, casual and collaborative team environment, unique and meaningful work, and more!
To apply for this job please visit roto-group-llc.careerplug.com.