The Sheward Partnership is seeking a Sustainability Specialist to join our growing Sustainability Consulting Practice. The Sustainability Specialist role will provide overall support to the Sustainability Consulting Practice. This team player is extremely well organized, possessing the ability to support the consulting team on multiple projects and deadlines to achieve desired results. Candidates must be technically knowledgeable, highly detailed, and technically proficient skills. The ideal candidate will also have excellent oral and written communication skills and enjoy working with diverse project design teams and building owners. This position will be based out of our Philadelphia, PA or Baltimore, MD office.
As Sustainability Specialist, working in a fast-paced environment, you will:
- Support multiple green building projects and project teams in various rating systems (LEED, WELL, Zero Energy, Green Globes, CHPS, Passive House, LBC), executing work plans
Support internal teams to produce deliverables that meet client expectations for scope, schedule and budget
- Efficiently support the progress of multiple (sometimes conflicting) deliverable schedules
- Produce green building rating system design, construction and operations deliverables and documentation
- Complete technical research and report writing and creation of presentations on sustainability topics
- Review for coordination purposes, project documentation of energy-related systems, including energy modeling inputs and outputs, LEED documentation, load calculations, specifications, and architectural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing drawings
- Provide written reports of findings for multiple green building rating systems and building types
- Directed and individual research into architectural materials and technology, building services systems, green building and urban policy, and social and human comfort issues.
Qualifications & Experience
A degree in architecture, engineering, building science or other related field, LEED Accredited Professional
- 2+ years professional experience with clear career progression and experience in green building
- Supporting project teams, providing client service, and managing to multiple schedules and budgets
- Conceptual and analytical design, technical writing skills
- Knowledge of high performance building design, construction, operations, and maintenance parameters and familiarity with at least one LEED Rating System
- High quality presentation and communication skills required for daily communication with clients and consultants and for educational presentations to internal teams and external conferences.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to Christianna Jo Smith at email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org