VSBA IS LOOKING FOR GREAT COLLABORATORS
VSBA is a nationally-recognized architectural planning and design studio based in Philadelphia. We’re the next generation of Venturi, Scott Brown and Associates, who shaped new ways of looking at architecture’s social and cultural impacts. We expand on their mission as we create memorable places — from designing unforgettable buildings and insightfully responding to context to reimagining historical structures. Our comprehensive services include architectural design, planning, programming, interiors, graphics, and construction oversight.
VSBA’s clients range from cultural institutions and health care systems to top-tier universities. In a world of niche architects, we’re proud generalists — eager and curious about each new challenge.
Our work is imaginative but disciplined, innovative, and fun. Each of our designs is different, distinctly shaped by our client’s philosophy, program, site, and broader environs. We get to know our clients and their communities, from users and administrators to neighbors, and we help balance everyone’s needs. And we’re renowned for our intense degree of client service and excellence, with a profound tenacity for detailing and attention at every phase of every project.
How do we do this? We start with talented architects who are open-minded, creative, multi-disciplined people. Our designers are also our planners, programmers, graphic designers, and managers. We like people who have good design skills but who are also nimble, flexible, can manage multiple tasks, and take initiative.
VSBA’s office is an open studio where partners, architects, and interns work side by side in a highly collaborative atmosphere. Information and ideas flow freely as concepts are conceived, developed, and documented. Principals are fully engaged with each project and project teams stay together for the duration of the project. Our people are bright, engaged, modest, artistic, and thoughtful.
POSITION: PROJECT ARCHITECT
VSBA Architects & Planners seeks ambitious project architects to participate in the design of college and university buildings, cultural facilities, health care institutions, and other project types in our diverse portfolio of architectural and planning work. Current and upcoming projects include a ground-up health center, campus renovations for higher education clients, and planning for a university archive and rare book library.
As a project architect, your responsibilities may include:
• working alongside principals and project managers from project conception through documentation and completion
• preparing architectural drawings throughout the project
• leading analysis and design for project planning and programming
• collaborating with the project team to develop design and construction documents using AutoCAD and Revit
• developing and managing Revit models through all project phases
• in-house Revit management and leadership
• leading design and product-related research
• developing graphic and technical materials
• attending project coordination meetings
• attending client reviews and/or presentations
• managing coordination with consultant team
• mentoring other project staff members
• supporting project oversight during construction administration.
You should have:
• 3 to 5 years of professional experience
• a professional degree in architecture
• exceptional proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe CS/CC, and other graphics programs
• proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and the facility to quickly learn a range of project management platforms
• and you should be pursuing professional registration.
You should have good design skills but your experience should also be diverse. We like people who are flexible and take initiative in their work. This is a perfect position for growth and opportunity. Your salary will be commensurate with your experience and skill.
For more information, visit vsba.com/employment
As a full-time member of VSBA’s staff, you will receive:
• a competitive salary
• a substantial health, vision, and dental package
• a 401(k) plan with employer match
• paid time off
• parental leave benefits
• flexible hybrid home / office work options
• a friendly and respectful work environment.
VSBA’s office in Philadelphia’s Manayunk neighborhood is easily accessible by car, bike, and public transportation from Center City, other city neighborhoods, and surrounding towns.
VSBA Architects & Planners subscribe fully to an equal employment opportunity policy.
To apply, please see our employment listing at www.vsba.com/employment or send your resume, portfolio, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact us through email only.
To apply for this job please visit www.vsba.com.