Membership and Marketing Coordinator
This is an entry-level job with the chance for real leadership experience and responsibility right away. This position is also the perfect opportunity for you to design, build and manage a membership and marketing component of an established and growing statewide non-profit professional organization from day one. You will also manage and assist smaller local sections/chapters with event planning and budgeting. If you are outgoing, are great with people, have excellent oral and written communication skills, have a good sense of humor, love the idea of being part of a great team while still taking ownership of important responsibilities, are a solid planner and multi-tasker, then this is a perfect experience for you. Every day will be different and what you make it. We don’t believe in silos here, we all help out with everything so you’ll never be bored, and you will gain knowledge on a variety of association management skills. We never use the phrase, “That’s not my job” because we’re a team with great chemistry and we help each other out.
This position will answer directly to the Executive Director but will assist other departments. Primary focus will include:
- Managing local sections and chapters and assisting with their needs.
- Assisting members with inquiries and serving as a liaison with the National office.
- Managing a Membership Committee comprised of local chapter/section volunteer leadership.
- Coordination and implementation of membership recruitment and retention initiatives.
- Working with the team (internal and external stakeholders) to develop non-dues related income programs that will benefit members and add value to their membership.
- Managing existing corporate partner and sponsor relationships including but not limited to allied construction stakeholders as well as sourcing of new leads to align with member needs.
- Assistance with outreach to architecture firms across the state including the development of a strategy or toolkit to onboard new members and continuously communicate the value of the association to existing members as well as prospective members.
- Supporting social media and execution of mailings for email and print.
- You must be comfortable meeting people and making presentations to small groups.
- You must be a self-starter who can plan a day, find out what you need to learn and not need your hand held for every detail.
- You must be willing to assist in helping to run the office at times performing general tedious but necessary office duties and assisting other departments. Candidates should be able to support the functions of this role’s general administrative office work including but not limited to list management, mail merge functions of the Microsoft Office Suite, and e-mail merge templates.
- You must be able to fundraise and develop programs for corporate sponsorships and be able to deliver on promised opportunities for sponsors.
- Comfortable networking and talking to different types of business professionals.
- You must not be afraid to conceive of new ideas and not be afraid of some failures.
- You must be willing to travel occasionally in the state and tow national conferences.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s (preferred)
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite – Word and Excel
- Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat
- Familiarity with Google’s G Suite/Google Drive and basic WordPress functions
- Comfort with updating social media platforms
- Experience with Constant Contact or other mass e-mail client as well as GoToWebinar is a plus
- Experience with an Association Management System (AMS) or Customer Relationship Management System (CRM) is a plus
This is a full-time job with health, vision and dental benefits, a 401K plan, parking space, year-end bonus and awesome views of the capitol.
To apply (ALL MATERIALS AS OUTLINED BELOW ARE REQUIRED)
Please send resume and cover letter with general salary expectations to email@example.com