What We Do
Founded in 1909, AIA Pennsylvania is the statewide component of The American Institute of Architects. Although independently incorporated, AIA Pennsylvania is officially linked to the National AIA and to the eight local AIA chapters in Pennsylvania.
- We serve a statewide membership of over 2,700 AIA members.
- We represent the interests of architects in state government affairs.
- We advocate public policies that emphasize good community design and responsible stewardship of the built and natural environments.
- We provide a variety of essential services to members.
- We are governed by a statewide Board of Directors representing all eight local AIA chapters. Our work is conducted by a full-time professional staff in our Harrisburg headquarters and by a network of volunteer committees.