The AIA Pennsylvania Mission
“In representing, serving, and communicating the interests of our local chapters and individual members, AIA Pennsylvania promotes the profession of architecture throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania while striving for the highest quality in the built environment.”
Our Core Values
AIA Pennsylvania, as a unifying body of the Pennsylvania Chapters of The American Institute of Architects and their members, holds as its CORE VALUES, betterment of the fellowship, knowledge and skills of its members; thus the promise that enhancement of quality in the practice of architecture benefits the architect and all Pennsylvanians.
- We are dedicated to the quality of Pennsylvania’s built environments.
By serving as a resource to state government, we promote enlightened legislation relative to the built environment.
- We believe that an educated public adds value to the quality of the architect’s services and products.
- We advocate the use of qualifications-based processes for selection of architects.
- We are committed to the maintenance of the highest standards of professional qualifications and licensure for architects in Pennsylvania.
- We are committed to advancements in the professional training of architects.
- We promote communication and interaction among the state components of the Institute.
- We value our members as our most important asset.
- We support the recognition of architectural achievements.
- We regard the architect’s role as essential to the preservation and development of the built environment.
- We support the highest standards of professional ethics.
Three AIA Pennsylvania Strategic Goals
- To protect and enhance a state legal and regulatory framework that fosters high quality sustainable development and is favorable to the architecture profession.
- To provide high quality services and tangible benefits to members and the architecture profession.
- To excel in all aspects of component management and service delivered by AIA Pennsylvania.